Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gun, Guns and guess what? More guns!

For gun folks visiting here this is a JOKE.

A J-O-K-E.

Did I tell you this is a joke?

Let's see if you have a sense of humor...

There are places that sell guns.

There are people that buy guns.

There are people who buy guns, and clean them.

There are guns that sit in holsters.

There are guns that soldiers use overseas.

There are gun shows for guns.

Bullets go into guns; sometimes it's referred to as ammunition.

Sometimes guns are loud.

Policemen carry guns.

Detectives carry guns.

Average, normal, everyday Americans use guns.

My brother-in-law used to hunt with guns until he switched to bow and arrow when he started guiding other hunters at the outfitter where he works.

My brother-in-law used guns to bag 2 zebras in Tanzania.

He also used guns to help his boss bag an elephant and a giraffe.

I have fired a gun several times, at empty beer cans (and I'm a decent shot, too).

My husband has fired a gun several times (he's a way better shot than I am).

One of my other brother's-in-law used to hunt deer with his guns.

His guns now sit in a locked cabinet in the basement.

Three of my many nephews own and use guns.

My brother-in-law owns about 20 guns.

He once used a gun to shoot a turkey in his back yard.

He also once used a gun to shoot a pesky woodpecker off of my 80 year old father's home (that's a funny story, but not for this post).

Sometimes, when people push the accelerator on their car really heavily, it is known as "gunning" it.

If a person really goes after something, it may be known as "gunning for it".

Guns are sometimes used in film-making.

Laser gun

Ray gun

Stun gun

BB gun

Paint gun

Air gun

Zip gun

Spray gun

Salad shooter

Happy Saturday all.

17 comments:

Sidhe February 28, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Oh my...

Tim used a gun last Thursday to shoot three raccoons that were rudely awoken from their hibernation when he cut down the tree they were in.

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to go work on a gun that fires 4500 rounds per minute.

Dentists sometimes use a cement gun.

Have a great Saturday.

skyewriter February 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Cement gun... I knew I was forgetting some.

Thanks for the input, Sidhe.

When are we gonna plan that visit?

Shoot me an email when you get a chance. I know how busy you are. But we must catch up, chicky.

Anonymous,  February 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

LOL!!! I liked the Salad Shooter myself.

skyewriter February 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

Salad shooter was Tom's contribution.

Take a bow, Tom.

Chris February 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

I personally like a glue gun......

skyewriter February 28, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Another one I forgot, Chris.

Thanks :)

I'm going to add the term for calling the front seat in a car when you don't want the hump seat in the back:

Shot gun

driftwood February 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Staple gun.
Caulking gun.
Son of a gun.

skyewriter February 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

I love it, keep 'em coming...

Anonymous,  February 28, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

I was gonna say Staple Gun but Driftwood beat me to it...

Aren't someone's arm muscles sometimes referred to as "guns"

Or.."bubble-gun" ... sorry ran out of ideas...;)

Anonymous,  March 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

What was that rhyme in Full Metal Jacket?

This is my Rifle,
This is my Gun
This one's for shooting
This one's for fun...

In the Navy, when someone went through with a command decision but hadn't cleared their project with the right paperwork, It was called Gun Decking.

The meanest guys in the Corps were called Gunney. {expert ass chewing ego eaters}

Getting ahead of yourself is called "Jumping the Gun" {much like gun-decking}

Coming into a situation with all your ducks in a row and ready to eviscerate your competition was "Bringing out the Big Guns."

Happy Saturday to you all.

Jackie March 1, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

This is fun. Ok how about top gun, and hired gun.

Aliceson March 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Spritz cookie gun.

When I was 14 my father made me take Hunter's Safety class in the local poice station basement. As a tennager I was a great shot with my dad's old winchester pump .22 but no handguns for me.

driftwood March 1, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Nobody said 'squirt gun' yet, did they?

I was going to say 'hired gun' last night, but I was afraid it might be too controversial. :)

skyewriter March 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

See, and who said people can't have a civilized conversation about guns?

You all rock :)

Anonymous,  March 1, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

To have a civilized conversation, you need civilized people...

skyewriter March 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

So true, Catherine.

So true.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP