The GOP is lying about everything from:
- The final size of ARRA. It started at 736 pages--- it's now up to 759 pages--- which means 23* WHOLE pages of amendments have been added. John Boehner just claimed on the floor of the House that the bill is over 1,100 pages long. This cements further that this man has not even looked at the bill, much less read it.
- How much time reps and senators have had to read it (um, like two weeks now?)
- The crap about the health care records director being a new position (George Bush created the position FIVE years ago; here's a link to the fella's bio)
- The purpose of the health care record system that Limberger LIED about yesterday, as did Fox without even bothering to verify facts and sources
- The provision that will STOP people like Flush from getting the same prescription from multiple doctors. A doctor, in reality as put forth in the bill, will be able to access a list of prescriptions any patient is currently filling at any pharmacy.
Frankly, I am sick of this whole bipartisan bullshit.
The GOP ideas are the ones that got us here, today, having to spend our way out of this mess in a terrible economy where unemployment is nearing 8%, housing foreclosures are affecting the secondary market now (not just the bad loans), and small businesses are shutting door, after door, after door.
Obama tried, they've all said no, and acted like tools. That's it. They had their shot.
It's time to move on and move upward.
Be part of the solution or get the hell out of the way.
Check out this video of Dave Obey making the closing case against the GOP's lies this afternoon on the House Floor:
PS: We must stand up against the lies. The Bush Administration lied time after time after time. Here's the link to a petition to urge an investigation of these criminals:
* Funny thing to prove my well-placed fear of numbers. I had to change this number 3 times today.