Tuesday, February 3, 2009

100th post: reflection


Only a few years ago I lost my faith in love.

It was hard to picture myself with a whole heart and a full life.

I recall all the times when I missed someone I didn’t know.

That was the hardest part.

Milestones would come and go and I wished with all my being I had that person to share those moments with.

Real love transforms us. Just as we change our ideas about love when the real thing comes around.

Love is about finding strength at your weakest points.

I realized I didn’t have to be unbreakable.

Real love is like a stone arch.

The middle open space is the life two people share,while standing on the same bedrock, reaching toward each other in support, but leaving room for the other person to stand on their own.

That place where the two parts become one, at the highest and most vulnerable spot, that’s the bridge we choose to maintain when we love someone and let them love us.

This natural arch shows how two parts of the same earth survive storms and wind and stand as hewn testaments to the endurance of hope despite the tests of time.

I used to feel as though I was broken.

I know now that I was healing at the broken places so I could become part of someone else’s strength and let them become part of mine.

8 comments:

Shady Lady February 3, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

Skyewrite, that is so incredibly beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing that. I am grateful.

Aliceson February 3, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Beautiful! And I can't believe you've got 100 posts in already. Keep writing, everyday you teach me something new and worthwhile!

Anonymous,  February 3, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Congrats Skyewriter! That was touching.

skyewriter February 3, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Thanks, ladies.

I cried when in wrote it. I have a piece I wrote for my brother's wedding a number of years back I am thinking about posting.

I don't share my creative prose much, so this was kind of a step. I'm so glad you all liked it.

I showed it to Tom last night. He liked it, too, so I knew it would make for an okay post.

Sidhe February 3, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Wow!

You're wonderful and a pretty great friend too.

Hugs to you and Tom!

skyewriter February 3, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Hugs right back at you, Sidhe.

We need to plan a visit sometime soon. It's been too long.

Stacy Hackenberg February 3, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Well done and beautifully said.

Anonymous,  February 4, 2009 at 2:42 AM  

Loving your site and I'm glad you came across mine today...I love the sentiment...I can only hope to find what I'm looking for... :)

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP