Saturday, February 14, 2009

In the name of...

... all kinds of love, may each and every one of you have a great day, this Saturday.

If you missed my early morning post yesterday, I've copied and pasted the poem I wrote for my brother's wedding 13 years ago. It got lost in my usual froth and spittle from the later post.

[The ranting will return as usual on the morrow.]

Song

For just one moment
I dreamt I saw the start of life
Back to the rivers of all things beginning.

Growing, grown. Changed, changing.
Time, the journey. And to live, the mystery.

Days and years flown by with eyes which saw and wept.
With a heart which hurt, but then understood.

Perhaps it is the joy in life that hides from us,
Urging us forward ever more to seek it.

Like a drop of rain will find a single seed lying in darkness in the ground
And awaken it, so Life takes care to find us all,
Prepared or not for its arrival.

Life loves us through the people with whom we share our struggles
And our strengths.

It breathes its hope onto us from every living creature
And every watchful stone.

We, you, me, we are made to sing the joy of being which is our blessing.
To light our hearts
And dance the dance.

To celebrate that which brings two lives together today,
Today when we are reminded that we are given other hearts to love us.

And so, I am grateful that Life has carried us all here
As scattered seeds upon the wind.

The raindrop whispers its song to us
And today, my friends, I sing that song for you.

Happy Saturday all.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  February 14, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Beautiful Skye! I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day.

Arlene February 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

That was really lovely. Happy VD.

Sidhe February 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

Happy, happy Valentine's Day.

Hmmm, Arlene, I like the double entendre (it's perfect on a day like today).

Anonymous,  February 14, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I really do draw all of the nuts on my blog! Blow me down.

Anonymous,  February 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

I love the use of seeds as a metaphore.
And seeking.

Anonymous,  February 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Thank you for sharing the lovely poem and for the Valentine's Day good wishes. I hope yours was loving and joyful. Big hugs!

Aliceson February 15, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

That was beautiful Skye. Hope you and Hubby had a great Valentine's Day!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP