Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Constitution

No new ARRA numbers to share today. If you clicked here for that info, here's a link that will point you to the first eight of the sixteen titles (links are below the post title).

Today I present the second in my newest series of Sunday rants.

I need a respite from seeing those wonderfully progressive ideas, ideas that would be meaningful to every last American for generations, thrown away like garbage, or rotten pork--- to borrow the tiresome phrase from those congressional GOP people-like things. I can't call them human beings just yet. I'm related to many, but they don't frequent my blog anyway so no worries about getting hate mail from Aunt Enid or getting stricken from anyone's will. At this point the family fortune has evaporated. Ha-- family fortune.

You know how it makes you feel to keep trying something over and over without achieving a different outcome?

Crazy.

How is it that the congressional GOP has avoided this feeling?

Perhaps they are selfish, greedy, shit-heads who can't think of anyone but themselves?

Or are they all on Oxycontin?

Or they are missing the remembering gene.

Twenty-five years of their tax cutting dogma has landed us squarely where we are (yes, yes, I know Clinton was in office for eight of those years and recall we had a budget surplus that Shrubya quickly blew through and borrowed more for his expensive war games and oil).

They want to blame Obama who has been in office a total of 2 weeks, 5 days.

And they accuse us of thinking he's superhuman.

Kettle, there's a pot on the phone who would like to have a word.

So I intend today to save the final shred of my sanity, squirrel it away like the last seed of fall, and shift momentarily to something a bit lighter. This is a huge undertaking because all I want to do is rant, rant, rant about how unreasonable and inhuman the right side of the country is acting.

I've come to start thinking of them like a relative that you cannot stand--but you are biologically obligated to been seen in public with because you have some genetic material in common.

And you go to their homes decorated with weird, scary ceramic clowns, where they offer you the same, stale ribbon candy that's been sitting in that same candy dish since you were four and they have bequeathed you their extensive taxidermy collection for which you must appear to be grateful.

For the newest of new people here, what follows is not typical (nor really what immediately proceeded), but I am a bit crass--not without self-deprecation at that crassishnessism.

I have posted content suggestions for emails to your congresspeople in the last several days.

Here's a special one for GOP members that neatly sums up how they treat this country and continue to try to treat this country:




The GOP insisted that all education funding get cut out of ARRA, including special education teachers. And we wonder why we have morons who apparently cannot read the bill. Because if they could, they wouldn't be taking their collective dumps on our poor, our disadvantaged, our uneducated, our military, and our unemployed.

I am so grateful to all who have linked to the information on my blog and to all who have stopped by. Really, there's a lot more to this website than ARRA numbers (and tasteless scatological humor), so I hope you peek around in the archives, with the hope you don't click outta here thinking I am a weird, numbers obsessed lunatic.

Numbers actually terrify me. So as you can read, this week has been a successful experiment in confronting my irrational fear of numeric symbols; guess now I need to work on that clown thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  February 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

I love YOUR RANTS!!!! That was very funny and sadly so very true. I feel like Obama is trying to swim upstream to save what the Republicans have left us of the economy with all of the Republicans on his back.

What a job!

Great work as always.

Sidhe February 8, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

My thoughts exactly.

Well, that's kind of scary, do you really know what's in my head?

Cheers!

P.S. I still haven't forgotten the tag, just doing the taxes...and suffering.

Shady Lady February 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Love the rants! As always, well said. We will get through this and end up on top. Yes we can!

Anonymous,  February 8, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

I promise next time I shall wear pants and I won't offer you that ribbon candy ever again. But the clowns stay.
Buahahahahha!

Seriously, Who the fuck knows what is going on in their heads. Do they even have heads? Maybe after the 8 years of having their own heads shoved so far up their asses, that the bit of grey matter that was in there, has compressed and otherwise atrophied. Who knows. All I know is that when I see Republicons on the news, the first word that comes to mind, is Cranialrectalitis.

Yes, do please stop pooping here. We live here you self righteous shitting machines. Stop or we shall stick something in that sphinctre. And we will be too poor to afford lubricant.

skyewriter February 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Thanks, Catherine and Shady Lady, as always for your kind words.

Sidhe: I feel for you and the taxes thing.

Seeing Eye:
"Cranialrectalitis"

You totally need to submit that one to dictionary.com or urban dictionary.com.

Ow, no lube....

God you make me LAUGH.

My husband is convinced you and I were separated at birth :).

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP