First of all, I have to thank True Blue Texan for this award. I have been mulling it over for a while now about who to pass it along to. Truthfully, I don't feel worthy of this award in a lot of ways (especially given the fact that this blog has no consistent theme, I am snarky like a teenager sometimes, and I definitely am not friendly to all comers).
The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture, Sciences, and Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3) Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts to support.
4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5) Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
True Blue was one of the first people ever to comment on my blog. I think we connected through Margaret and Helen (a lot of folks I read I have found through them). But True Blue has always been a thoughtful, funny and encouraging blogging friend. I wanted to thank her, too, for the email support she sent during some very challenging blog days. I am still up and running because of people like her.
In terms of what this blog has achieved? Well, that's a really interesting challenge. Assuming, that is, I have accomplished anything with this blog. I have definitely pissed some people off, I have tried to help people keep some perspective, I have tried to be creative (since my fiction writing has taken the way-back seat for a while now), I have shared some personal memories in order to feel more connected to the world and with my readers, I have raged about insurance companies, and tried to help people sift through oceans of paperwork from our legislators.
There are three people I would like to pass this award along to (that True Blue has not already hit :):
The first is Sidhe over at Musings of a Wandering Elf. I have known Sidhe for 20 years. She is one of the smartest, funniest and kindest people I know. I miss her terribly and wish we could see each other more often. Her blog touches on a lot of important current events and social issues.
The second is Seeing Eye Chick over at Apocalyptics Anonymous. I crossed paths with Seeing eye over at Margaret and Helen's way back. She has a powerful grasp of political, social, women's, and theological issues. Her blog posts are always very well composed and solidly supported (usually with a good dash of humor, too). She has also been a great friend to me in times of crisis here at November Fifth.
The third is Don Smith over at Creative Endeavors. I first met Don on Margaret and Helen, too. He has a love of language like I do (I still remember "bozone" :). Don is consistently positive, upbeat, and keeps his head and heart in the right direction. He has been a truly inspirational role-model for me since I began blogging. (And I cannot believe that I didn't think of him immediately; sorry Don; but I do love ya!)
Thanks again, True Blue. Your screen name suits you very well. You are true blue.