Saturday, May 9, 2009

Please clean up your entrails




You know you're staying at a five-star establishment when the management leaves a note to remind that:

A: You should properly dispose of your feathers and intestines.

B: You are allowed to dump steaming animal guts into a trash can, but may also use a liner. If you use a liner, please ask for a new one. (Don't quite get that.)

and

C: That you will be charged extra for leaving pheasant entrails in your room.

Call me girly, but I can't imagine cleaning a dead animal in the same room where I will sleep. Actually, make that: I can't imagine cleaning a dead animal... period. (Unless it's a fish, no prob there.)

Dick Cheney says: "What the heck (*wrhaaah*); this one's on the taxpayers anyway." [As he shoves the pile of innards to the other side of the bed and tucks in for the night.]

Happy Saturday all.

[A note: my brother-in-law is a guide at an Elk/Deer hunting outfit; so for anyone who thinks I am poking fun at hunters, take it somewhere else.]

*Note courtesy of Found.com

14 comments:

Shady Lady May 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I just love your sense of humor!

Anonymous,  May 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

LOL! and gross! But mostly LOL!

Aliceson May 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

This would be great to frame and hang at my in-laws house. They frequently have some sort of dead animal carcass lying around.

On a related note, the other day when we were cleaning out the barn, Mae spotted a pulley with a rope hanging from the ceiling. She said to me, "Mom if we ever go deer hunting and get a deer we could hang it up in here to butcher it." Just the words a mother loves to hear. She's 6 by the way!

A World Quite Mad May 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Ew. I hunt deer, and uh, it would never cross my mind to clean it in a motel room... talk about messy. I don't have a problem cleaning deer, they don't smell bad, but I hear wild pigs are disgusting to clean. My mother-in-law loves eating them and has tried to get me to hunt some, and I was like "you can clean it, I ain't!" LOL

What's really bad, is they must have had this happen, to have bothered to put a note up. XD

Unknown May 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Do you ever get tired of hearing how funny you are?

Sidhe May 9, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Yuk! But I have been known to clean a chicken in the kitchen (not the feathers though, those better be off before the fowl is brought into the house)!

Grandpa Eddie May 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

You are a riot, skyewriter.

Ya know.....good thing you put that hunting disclaimer in there, 'cause ya know someone's gonna come along and say you're anti-gun. Of course they won't read that far into your post to see that.

skyewriter May 9, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

I wonder if it would piss them off even more (and they would try somehow to twist it into me being anti-gun--which I am not and have never said I was) if I mentioned that my brother-in-law, altho' a gun owner and collector, chooses to hunt with a bow and arrow?

Thanks for the comments and compliments. I do my best to keep it tongue-in-cheek (and ornery if possible).

Anonymous,  May 9, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

I second (third?) that motion: you are very funny, skyewriter.

I look forward to a reading a rant anytime you feel like writing one :).

Very strange: my verification word is myopic. Couldn't be further from the truth in your case.

Pseudo May 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

This is something that would nto come up in Hawaii.

Riot Kitty May 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

eeewwwwwwwww

I am a suburban kid for sure.

Aliceson! Seriously?

Chiara May 9, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

Ew. It's like those signs saying 'please flush after use' I see in some toilets.

ZIRGAR May 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

Are you kidding? Cheney wouldn't throw entrails away! He'd save it all raw for snacks later. Mmmm, mmmm, entrails. Good stuff. Mmmm, mmmm! You gonna eat that small intestine? Mind if I have at it, mmm?

Anonymous,  May 10, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Yikes!!! The thought of cleaning an animal in a hotel room is beyond gross, by the Cheney reference still has me laughing!! Very funny post!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP