Friday, January 2, 2009

I know this is old news, but I cannot. stop. laughing.

So I'm taking my daily trek through You-Tube when I come across this video. Sarah Palin is like a bad train wreck; I don't want to look but I cannot help myself.

Man oh man, did we dodge some serious bullets in 2008.

Here's the video the day following the only vice-presidential debate:



Now. Here's the transcript. You can scroll down and follow along if you like while you listen:

Q: One of the things you talked about last night was the flexibility that the vice presidency has--

PALIN: Yeah.

Q: --Uh. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: Uh. That thankfully our founders were wise enough to say we have this position and it's constitutional -- vice president will be able to be not only the position flexible, but it's gonna be sort of those other duties as assigned by the president. A simple thing. I don't think that was a gaffe at all in in stating uh what the truth is and that is we've got flexibility in the position, the president will be directing in a lot of respects what the vice president does. The vice president of course is not a mermber er, or a part of the legislative branch except to oversee the senate. That alone provides a tremendous amount of flexibility and authority if that vice president so chose to use it.


Huh?

And we thought Cheney was bad? Now think about Cheney with even more limitless ambition, lipstick, not a whit of conscience, or a flicker of brain activity anywhere on the monitors. It makes me think of the evil emperor from Star Wars when he kills Samuel L. Jackson's character shooting electric bolts from his fingertips, shouting: "POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!"

And the RWFN say Obama is the Antichrist? Please see above.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  January 2, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Train wreck indeed and ohhhh soooo much fun to watch over and over and over again.

Position Flexible indeed.... I wonder how many times she has whispered THAT one into Todd's ear.....

Anonymous,  January 2, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

LOL!! That woman has no problem giving opinion on things like interpreting the Constitution when she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about.

It must be hard being Sarah Palin and hearing that roar in the empty space where your brain should be.....

Aliceson January 2, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

I'm sure you heard that she's a grandma now, and the other grandma... facing felony drug charges. What a bunch.

And also just for fun I have to tell you that my brother-in-law works for Arctic Cat (sponsor for Todd Palin's snowmobile racing team) and gave my children Sarah Palin autographed posters for X-mas. Can't decide whether to throw them out or save them for a good laugh.

skyewriter January 2, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Heck, Aliceson, you should sell one of them on ebay. I know some great blogs you could post them for sale on.

Sidhe January 2, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Thanks for the reminder, I was having a bad day, but now that I have been reawakened to the tragedy that we, the American people, have been saved from things are looking pretty good.

What kind of job did she think she was interviewing for...and any other tasks as assigned. The vice-presidency, with so little firm guidance from the Constitution (as the founders desired) requires someone with a little more brains and tact. I can only imagine (thankfully) that she would have been attempting to steal McCain's position (I mean ascend to the Presidency) with every breath she took.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP