Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm a goin' home

Yes, today's the day I go back home.

I feel bad for Rocky (the dog I am sitting). He has really missed his mommy. I don't give him food off my plate or give him as much love as she does. He's a bit OCD: LICKS non-stop. And I'm not just talking himself. Couch. Carpet. Walls. Chairs. At this very moment he's concentrating intently on a small patch of carpet between his front paws that he's just spent the last 10 minutes licking non-stop.

So it seems not much is new in the world.

Economy is still in the shitter.

Blagojevich will not go away.

The banks are still spending OUR money on outrageous things. Citi just spent $50,000,000 on a corporate jet; me and numbers:

$50,000,000.00 (fifty MILLION)

Out of the already:

$45,000,000,000.00 (forty-five BILLION)

we've already thrown at them.

It's disgusting.

I'm no economist, but I'll bet they'd spend less on flying commercial; think of all those airline tickets the airlines WON'T sell because Citi decided they needed a

$50,000,000.00

corporate jet to fly their greedy asses wherever it is they wish to go.

Where does your income fit into that number? Mine (really my hubby's since I am unemployed at the moment) barely clears five figures (not including the cents).

My sister-in-law lost her job with them right before X-Mas. No notice. Sorry, Jenn. Citi needed a jet more than it needed you.

Just goes to show you where their priorities are. Who cares about people and their jobs and livelihoods which pay for boring stuff like food, and mortgage, and doctor bills with two little boys? We need a big fancy jet to fly to the Bahamas to make a little deposit.

You know those private jets aren't subject to customs, right?

Sure they have to tell the airport who's on the plane, but who's going to take time to look at the suitcases full of cash in the hold? Rich people get their asses kissed everywhere they go. This will be no different. Heck, Paulson said the government didn't need to oversee the banks with any formal commission. The banks can regulate themselves. Isn't that what got us into this mess in the first place? That's right, the banks DO NOT have to tell the government what they are spending the money on BEFORE they spend it.

When are we going to stop being such suckers!?

I just made myself so sick I'm off to write to my congress-people yet again.

They aren't hearing us. Anyone up for a protest in DC to stop the blank check going to our banking institutions?

4 comments:

Aliceson January 26, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

That is truly sickening. 50 mil on a fancy corporate jet, absolutely ridiculous. Where's the oversight?

Sidhe January 26, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

I'm right there with you, how much do you figure we could get some economy commercial roundtrip airline tickets to DC for?

This behavior is completely irresponsible. I've said it before, the bailout is the gift that keeps on giving...and I've stopped holding my breath waiting to see when it will trickle down into the lives of the US taxpayer.

Kinda funny, I think I recently ran into someone online who was so pissed that their tax dollars were going to health care, hmmm, wonder what they think of this...

Has anyone else ever looked at a word that you use every single day and think that you've spelled it wrong, only to change it and think that it still does not look right?

Anonymous,  January 26, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Go Local. Start putting money in local banks that are not associated with these Giant Multinational Cock Suckers.

Arlene January 26, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Getting back to the poor dog. If he is licking everything it is because he is BORED and not getting enough exercise!

As for the rest. I was made redundant because my employer didn't know how to run his business. No one bailed us out and there were only 5 of us without jobs. I don't think the government in the US is as concerned about bailing out the companies because of the idiots running them, but are trying to protect the innocent. It is the big shots who should be punished, not the workers.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP