Monday, January 19, 2009

Online Violence Incitement

Some of the RWFNs are griping about the cost of the inauguration.

Here's an article by a person who has actually DONE his homework on the figures.

Some are even going so far as to incite violence.

A quote from January sixteenth's The BoBo Files (sidenote, the writer's not a bad guy, but he's got some pretty extreme right-wingydings who frequent his blog):

"It’s time people to start breaking out the pitchforks and sharpening the tines!"

All you need to do is read the comments (particularly the "lock and load" one) and you'll see what this is about.

Is this neighbor against neighbor?

I know the BoBo is going to claim this is a joke, but inciting violence from an audience already keyed up for a confrontation seems irresponsible and unethical.

2 comments:

Sidhe January 20, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

It's amazing, isn't it? I don't know how some people live with themselves. The responses on BoBo's blog are a little scary (I just wonder where they've been the past four years, holed up in their bomb shelters with their Alpo, shotguns and little sister?)

Nice new look!

skyewriter January 20, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Thanks for the compliment.

Your's inspired me to take the leap.

As far the the BoBo goes, (and he does go by "The BoBo") he's really a decent guy.

I posted a rather bland comment on that blog a while back and got the shit kicked out of me every way imaginable. I emailed BoBo offlist and we had a nice little exchange and I asked that he remove my remarks. He very politely did.

Yes, I think some in his audience are digging bomb shelters in their back yards as I write this, making hundreds of tin foil hats, buying out gun-store inventory and stocking up on non-perishables.

Isn't it sad they can't be out here with the rest of us in the sunshine of this new day?

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP