Sunday, December 7, 2008

Call me shallow

We don't have enough snow here for sledding, or snow ball fights, or snow-people making. The snow here is mostly brown-grey street mush piled near sidewalks and road-sides.

I like snowmen. Don't care too much for Frosty of 1969; not sure, he always seemed kind of, how can I say this, wimpy? I know some of you are going to think I am a purely evil Grinch, but come on. "Happy Birthday" are your first words when it's supposed to be about X-Mas? I wondered about his IQ mostly, even as a kid.

Also, I guess it has always bothered me that his goal is to get back to Santa (read: The dude in the white beard/God). Stay away from the light, Frosty, you might melt. I guess I totally missed the point.

Here's the original two minute, 43 second Frosty Cartoon from the 1950s; none of the other crap from the 30 minute show. Just a cool cat in a magical hat playing with kids, laughing and existing as a goofy, happy being. No attempt at a deep message; just fun.





I have a small collection of snowmen I put out during the winter:



Here's the latest from my mom this year:



And then I found this and couldn't resist. I mean, how do they reproduce when there's no people around?



Happy Sunday, all.

2 comments:

Aliceson December 7, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

Shallow,

I believe the official term for icky snow is "snirt." Comb. of snow and dirt.

Cute snowpeople, I haven't dug mine out yet.

BTW, my kids are out sledding right now. Sorry.

Sidhe December 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

We'd be happy to share some of our snow. There's about 3 feet on the back deck that I was sort of thinking about shoveling today then thought I'll just do it later or wait for it to melt. Of course, I do need to find that gallon of milk I left out there last week when the fridge was full. So, come on up!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP