Tuesday, December 23, 2008

8 Days and counting

Eight days; that's all that's left of 2008. Can you believe it?

It's been a very wonderful and insane year. I've been working on a list of the top ten moments of this year, but feel like the kid in this picture:



So much has happened, it's hard to pick just ten. We were married in May; went on a gorgeous honeymoon in June. Summer was spent working very hard on dissertation and conference work.

We feel very blessed this year.

I was out of town for the past several days. I had a campus visit yesterday. Think of it like a day-long job interview. I even gave a 20 minute presentation on my approach to teaching writing and then fielded questions for another 25 minutes. It was fun. Really. Seriously. I mean it.

I hope I get the job-- I am one of two people they brought to campus. The other person had her/his visit today. I like to think I was a tough act to follow. Sometime I'll bore you with the gorey details about how I overheard the Dean and Assistant Vice-Chancellor (both at my presentation) say that my presentation was "incredible" and "very good". Perhaps they had low expectations and I simply blew them away by my ability to string together whole sentences and keep a cohesive theme throughout.

Blah, blah, blah.

I don't have much to write-- still working on the cross-stitch-- at a feverish pace now. I will see mom on Saturday and hope to be done. It'll take an X-Mas miracle.

We are beginning the annual trek Thursday morning and won't be back until Sunday.

I've missed you all-- I'll write again soon.

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed week and here's a virtual hug from the skyewriter (((( ))))

Cheers!

3 comments:

Aliceson December 23, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

I hope you get the job! That would be some great news instead of layoffs all the time.

Happy Holidays!

Sidhe December 23, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

I love you! Blessings to you and your family as this year closes.

Is this the job that will make you closer to me? I do hope you get it and am sending an offering this very evening along with some prayers.

Stacy Hackenberg December 23, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

Good luck on the job! Sounds like the interview went really well.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP