Sunday, November 9, 2008

The idiots have landed

So, I wake up slowly like I do most Sunday mornings. I have a cup of coffee (maybe, not much of a coffee drinker) and spend the morning multi-tasking, flipping between Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer, Meet the Press (I miss Tim Russert) and Face the Nation while I read the New York Times online and Huffington Post (among others). One recent addition to this morning ritual is reading some blogs that I have come to enjoy thoroughly (see list above).

I'm not going to let the idiots who have hijacked one of my FAVORITE blogs spill onto mine. But, I am pissed (sorry Donna or Dad if you are reading this :).

Here's what I am repeating to myself (and will continue to do so all day today):

I believe in the power and justice of the first Amendment, regardless of how many f**kwits to which it gives voice.

I believe that our country is going to get back on track, regardless of the unrelenting forces, mostly from those whose choice for President didn't get elected who are acting like cornered, wounded, wild animals, that are trying to keep us divided.

I believe that I have seen a new America and it's beautiful again.

That's what I'll be saying to myself all day. Trying to bask in the glow that is post-Bust 43 America.

May we all come together in the spirit of peace, courage, and understanding, even though apparently, the Idiots have landed.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 9, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Nice, well said, take two attaboys outta petty cash for a job well done.

Keep it up.

DS

Scott W November 9, 2008 at 3:12 PM  

Thanks for your comment over on M&H. This link was posted after you and I wanted you to see it:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/11/07/fourth_republic/

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP