Friday, November 14, 2008

"Wearable" paper Art: Take an Umbrella


Okay, so a few things first. This post was written after the Margaret and Helen one from this AM (November 15, Saturday). I copied and pasted the webpage below into a draft and saved it because I thought I might blog on it.

Second (and more to the point) I am not a fashionista (jeans, t-shirt, fleece, hiking shoes) nor do I particularly care for avante garde art or fashion. But this woman's stuff is INCREDIBLE in terms of looking at it as art. I think some of the most important artists and thinkers of our times have to be (0r had to have been) obsessive and maybe even a little nuts. I cannot imagine how long each of these creations took.

http://www.zoebradley.com/home.html
(click on her name and then check out her portfolio).

Wild, unreal, and completely outrageous (the head-pieces are frighteningly huge and obnoxious, but cool to look at, I think, nonetheless). I wouldn't be caught dead in any of them (I'd tear the hell out of them just trying to get them over my booty and my bosom--she's need reams and reams of paper), but they're cool to look at. My favorite is the dark blue one with the realllllllly long train shown above. EVERYTHING is made from paper!



Good Saturday to all

Emma update: our cat has officially gorged herself on wet and dry food. We took up the dishes for a while because she CANNOT stop eating. The vet called (yes, our vet called US on a Saturday-- he's awesome) and said it was a good sign that the appetite med worked. I promise, I'll stop writing about my cat, her bladder, and her *yawn* eating habits.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 15, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

Making Art is a labor of love, and to those outside it looks obsessive, but on the inside its better than torturous chocoholic love, the sweetest agony, no really.

I really miss it.

Its like playing God because you want every tiny detail to bend to your will and display your hand in its placement.

skyewriter November 15, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

I agree whole-heartedly. I re-read this and noticed I didn't ever write how unbelievably beautiful I thought it was. I, too, think there is a sweet agony to the passion it takes to make something original, from our own soul, to express our response to the world around us and the world inside us.

What kind of artist are you? I painted all throughout high school (then painted a lot in my mid20s when I had cancer).

Writing has always been my creative outlet (not perhaps obvious from my newly formed blog).

I guess I am the quintessential example of "those who can, do, those who cannot, teach."

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP