Friday, February 13, 2009

The Friday Paean

My brother got married 13 years ago by a judge in a gorgeous mansion in Denver (neither he or his wife are religious), no readings--except for this.

They asked me to write something for the ceremony. (He was good enough to read the only reading at our wedding last May.)

Of course, I waited until a week before to try to put a pen to paper.

This came out in 20 minutes.

It was pure inspiration; the kind of stuff that comes so rarely and I truly believe is not possibly from me alone.

I've had friends use it for their weddings.

I hope you enjoy it. It's best when read aloud.

Song

For just one moment
I dreamt I saw the start of life
Back to the rivers of all things beginning.

Growing, grown. Changed, changing.
Time, the journey. And to live, the mystery.

Days and years flown by with eyes which saw and wept.
With a heart which hurt, but then understood.

Perhaps it is the joy in life that hides from us,
Urging us forward ever more to seek it.

Like a drop of rain will find a single seed lying in darkness in the ground
And awaken it, so Life takes care to find us all,
Prepared or not for its arrival.

Life loves us through the people with whom we share our struggles
And our strengths.

It breathes its hope onto us from every living creature
And every watchful stone.

We, you, me, we are made to sing the joy of being which is our blessing.
To light our hearts
And dance the dance.

To celebrate that which brings two lives together today,
Today when we are reminded that we are given other hearts to love us.

And so, I am grateful that Life has carried us all here
As scattered seeds upon the wind.

The raindrop whispers its song to us
And today, my friends, I sing that song for you.

Happy Friday all.

3 comments:

Sidhe February 13, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

This post was beautiful!

I think the verification word is trying to insult you though: yorrho

Shady Lady February 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Wow, Skyewriter! This is truly beautiful...

and very timely for V-day! I just may give this to my husband as my gift. Thank you so much for sharing.

skyewriter February 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Thank you, ladies.

Shady Lady: that's sweet you'd give this to your hubby for V-Day.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP