Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Surfacing for a Breath

While I clunk my way through Vista on Tom's laptop, our broadband is up for a few moments and I had to steal away to blogger to check in and say hi. [Update: as soon as I went to hit the publish button the BB went down. It should be fixed now.]

It's official. We gave notice to out landlady, who is, without a doubt, the best landperson in my long history of landpeople.

I sent an email out to the graduate list-serv on campus and already have someone coming to look at our place tomorrow. I hope the visitor likes it and likes the deep red paint in the kitchen and the pale gray paint in the bathroom. It would be nice not to have to paint before we exit.

The conference I am attending is coming up quickly. I have not started my paper, have not transcribed the interview about which the paper is to be written and hope to bejesus that the audio file of the interview is still on my laptop when it returns from the hospital. Yeah, I didn't backup my hardrive prior to taking it in and refused the $100 they wanted to charge me to make 3 cds of my computer gobbledygook.

I had a great thought the other day that I wanted to share with you all.

I am one of those people who, while an insufferable optimist, tends to anticipate the worse outcome from bumpy circumstances. And since life is jam-packed with bumpiness, I can be a bit of a spaz. But I realized the other day, for no apparent reason as I was not mid-spaz, that I have never once freaked out about something going haywire and been justified in that freakout.

Things *always* work out.

I cannot think of one time when they did not.

I hope you find the same in your life. We all deserve a little comfort knowing that no matter hard life may seem to throttle us, change for the better is always waiting while we catch our breath from our tantrum and pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start all over again the next time.

The next time we have a day when we drop everything we pick up (numerous times), hit every red light, get behind the slowest person at the grocery store, our computer crashes when we need to pay bills online, the person at the bank needs to change the receipt tape but doesn't know how, congress continues to be shitheads, Rush Limbaugh *still* has not had his fatal heart attack, and it feels like a sauna when we step outside.

Ain't life grand?

Despite my spazzery, indeed it is.

4 comments:

Riot Kitty June 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Landperson and spazzery! I love the words you invent and I am stealing them!

skyewriter June 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Thanks, Riot. Feel free to steal away :)

PENolan July 1, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

I'm in mid-spazz at the moment, and I know in my heart I need to trust my process, etc., but it's hard to keep the faith sometimes. Thanks for a timely reminder.

Anonymous,  July 1, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

I'm digging the spazzery. I hope things calm down soon.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP