Friday, June 26, 2009

Need a Lift?


I know I do...

Today, celebrate the resilience of humanity in the midst of turmoil, sadness, and uncertainty.

The oldest musical instruments were found in Germany according to a Science News article written about on Man With the Muck-Rake's blog.

Incredible.

The discovery of those flutes some how civilizes humanity in a way I hadn't thought possible. How far we've come, huh? [note sarcasm, or don't, take your pick]

Today, try to listen to something that reminds you of happy times, of better times.

And if you feel like it, shake your booty a little, too.

I could write something like "Do a little dance. Make a little love. Get down tonight" but that would be too cheesy, right :).

Happy Friday All.

PS: Don't tell any of my friends I posted this picture of us reenacting tribal dance moves from 35,000 years ago :). Sidhe, I think you were in this one.

7 comments:

Riot Kitty June 26, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

OK, that was a picture I did not need to see!

skyewriter June 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Because sarcasm is not an online writing style I have conquered, I just wanted to add that I swiped that photo from google images. I only do naked dancing in the woods and never with cameras or crowds around. :)

Unknown June 27, 2009 at 5:08 AM  

I saw Muddy's post about the flute too. Wonderful it is to think that so long ago they were already making music.

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

I was going to say, did you get that from a film that was made in Northern California in the 80s? What was that video--White Men Were Wild Once Too?

skyewriter June 27, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

I agree, Mikeb.

Sounds right, SEC. I just googled "beach dancing" and it was the one that caught my eye first.

Cosa Nostradamus June 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

.
Which woods?

[checks google earth]
.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP