Saturday, April 25, 2009

A furry alarm clock

We have one.

It also has four legs, blue eyes, a tail and whiskers.

She is officially set to 6 AM ("Set alarm" function permanently broken) and has a snooze button.

The perp: Emma (a.k.a. Monkey, Schwootzy, Buns, Bunny, Little, Stevie, Lemon, Chick, Chicky; don't ask, okay? Cat people name their cats multiple names...).

It's not food she wants or the litter boxes scooped.

She wants her peeps to wake up: "It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!"

I feel especially sorry for Tom this AM; he didn't sleep last night.

So I brought her with me into our home office and she lays curled up like a folded piece of the softest silk you've ever petted in the chair next to me as I write this.

Picture will be posted later when Tom wakes up-- they're on my laptop in our bedroom where he is sawing enough logs to get fined by the Forest Service.

Until then, just imagine tiny paws slowly walking up your legs as you dream about painting on the beach with a circus nearby. (Or, see this post for the true dirt on Emma.)

All perfectly interrupted by the deepest and loudest "meowrrrr!" to come out of the furriest, blue-eyed, little dark mask. If I didn't know better, I'd think she had a three pack-a-day habit.

She is a morning cat. Which totally sucks for me, because I am a night owl.

"The fog comes in on little cat feet" (Sandburg 1919).

In our case it's the foghorn on little cat feet.

Happy Saturday all.

3 comments:

Sidhe April 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

My feline furball enjoys (demands) attention in the middle of the night, by morning he is contentedly snoozing at my feet.

Cat Fun! HooRah!

Grandpa Eddie April 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

I got this from a friend awhile ago...

Dogs have owners.

Cats have staff.


....welcome to the "staff" category like the rest of us.

Anonymous,  April 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

This post totally charmed me Skye and I loved the one that you linked too as well. I love that you adore her so. She's absolutely beautiful.

I had a very special cat who I had to give sub c too and I feel bad that i did not think to warm up the saline.

I like your cat story, but then again i have been known to write about Marlowe and me from time to time. :)

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP