Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm on, kinda

Today is Tom's b-day.

We stopped by my Mom's yesterday and she had a cake for him... it was very sweet.

He didn't have many special birthdays growing up. He didn't have a lot of special anything growing up. He pretty much raised himself and survived a childhood not many would. I try to let him know how special and wonderful he is. I try to make up for years of neglect. He loves with a heart as fierce as the sun. But at the same time, he is so humble, so sweet.

He works very hard and cares so much about his family, who is going through a really rough patch right now. He blames himself for not being able to be there for them. He's hurting because he wants to help them, but can't. They cannot help themselves... it is inexplicably painful to see. I want to protect him from it. Fold him in my arms and keep the pain away from him. He's been through enough.

I don't know how to help him. I cannot express how much my heart is aching for this incredible person.

Can we ever feel like we love someone enough? I can't. I can love and love and love him and still he lets me love him as much as I want-- and returns that love a thousand times to me.

I am so lucky to have him in my life, so lucky to have him as my husband and partner.

He doesn't usually read my blog, but just in case he peeks in today:

Happy birthday, sweetheart.

I love you.

PS: Thank you all for the support and congrats. It means more than you will ever know...

9 comments:

Diana March 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Your husband is lucky to have you. Enjoy his birthday...

Aliceson March 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

Now I want to hug my husband. What a sweet birthday message.

I hope you two have a great day together!

Anonymous,  March 30, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

I agree with Diana. reminds me of one of my favorite lines from a movie. In Pretty Woman, Julia Roberts had told Richard Gere that it was a childhood dream that her true love would come and rescue her. He wasn't ready so she left. He later decides he cannot live without her and goes to her home. he climbs up the fire escape, hands her flowers and says, "After the knight rescues her, what happens next." And she looks right at him and says, "She rescues him right back."

Happy birthday Tom! I hope you both enjoy the day!

Chris March 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

OKay I'm crying now!!!!! I think you just let him know how special he is and hope he does read your blog today...it doesn't surprise me that someone who wasn't taken care of, knows how that feels, has lots of stored up love, and has the need to give it back....lucky you! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Shady Lady March 31, 2009 at 1:10 AM  

Beautiful Skyewriter! Just beautiful. It is a special thing to have such an amazing man in your life. And just as special that you know just how amazing he is. I hope you both enjoyed Tom's birthday. Hugs...

Anonymous,  March 31, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

That was nice.

BCO

Sidhe March 31, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Happy Birthday Tom!

You seem to have reminded a good number of us to hold tight onto our love and loved ones. Thanks.

Anonymous,  April 3, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Happy Birthday Tom ! You are both lucky to have each other... ENJOY ...

Anonymous,  April 4, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

That is really nice! Your husband is really lucky to have you. Happy birthday, Tom. How wonderful to have that kind of love and support.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP