Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm off


Hello, dear reader.

I am off for the next few days to present a paper at a conference.

A few of tidbits of news:

I got another paper accepted to a national conference being held in July (still stunned by that one).

I finished writing my dissertation.

I am in the process of lining up my committee (5 very busy professors) for a defense date in May.

YIPPPPPEEEEE!

I hope you have a great weekend, and I'll be back early next week (Tom's b-day is Monday, but I'll try to find something interesting to post).

Thanks for popping in; it means more than you will ever know... I never would have made it this semester without you...

You all have a mention on the dedication page of my diss. No joke.

9 comments:

Stacy Hackenberg March 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Congratulations. Have fun. And tell your Tom Happy Birthday!

Anonymous,  March 26, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Well Good Luck, and thanks for the mention. That is cool! I am very proud to know you and can't wait til I have the opportunity to say: "I knew her when..."

Chris March 26, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

You so deserve a few days off...you have just finished something that is mind boggling! I watched my uncle do this, and I know what goes into it...I even got to read his dissertation when it was in draft form!!!! You need to give yourself a great gift, or celebration, or something...congrats!!!!!!!!! Also on the kudos you are getting for your knowledge..........

Aliceson March 26, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

WOW!!! Congratulations on finishing your dissertation.

Good luck at the conference! And maybe you and Tom will do something fun for his B-day now that your diss is complete.

Sidhe March 26, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Wow! I'm so excited for you!

Take care.

Anonymous,  March 27, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

GOOD LUCK Skye!! Enjoy!!
I never would have made it in my first 3 months of blogging without you!!

See you soon Professor. : )

Shady Lady March 27, 2009 at 1:26 AM  

Congratulations!! Enjoy the time "off". See you when you get back. :)

Anonymous,  March 27, 2009 at 3:10 AM  

Yippeee! Congratulations and the best of luck!

Enjoy your weekend and Bday with your beloved.

A x

Anonymous,  March 30, 2009 at 12:46 AM  

Congrats on finishing the dissertation and the conference invites. One of my daughters has her Ph.D. in Math and is a Post-Doc. She gets lots of conference invites and each one is exciting. Makes me wish I had gone the academia route. I wonder if it's too late when you're as old as I am....

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP