Monday, July 27, 2009

Who's Next Fox? The Dalai Lama?


Fox: Full Of Xenophobia

No one is above their simpleminded attacks.

Last night we caught a snippet of a video segment by Fox's Greg Gutfield attacking physician, philanthropist, philosopher and all around gentle, non-combatant Dr. Deepak Chopra for his recent HuffPost article, "Can We Stop Being a Superpower, Please".

While I don't agree with everything espoused by Dr. Chopra, he is a leader in world AIDS treatment and awareness and peace efforts across the globe.

What assholes.

The video of Gutfield's small-minded and pathetic rant is not available for embedding from Fox, but check it out here:
http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m/25455023/greg-alogue-7-24.htm#q=deepak+chopra

Fox News: the network with no recourse other than to call anyone remotely critical of our government "anti-American".

Isn't being able to criticize the government among the many reasons the founding fathers et. al. decided to protect that right in our federal legislation?

My apologies again to my hard drive.

11 comments:

ZIRGAR July 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

Why doesn't FUX News show respect for our troops and for Democracy by not making stuff up about Deepak Chopra?

Dr. Jay SW July 28, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

Criticizing the government was THE reason for both the existence of the First Amendment and the fact that it was first, since you really can't have a democracy if people aren't able to make informed decisions regarding their government.

However, at the risk of being reincarnated as a dung beetle for defending Fox (really--I know I deserve at least a couple lifetimes' punishment for this)... Chopra has become a sometimes pointed and partisan political commentator, who definitely lost his non-combatant status during the campaign season. So, though I generally agree with his political views, and certainly disagree with Fox's "anti-American" bullshit, I'd have to say that at this point, despite his nonpartisan good works, Chopra is as much fair game as any other pundit.

Unknown July 28, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

I've never seen that Gutfield before. I guess he's just another pathetic Bill O'Rielly / Glenn Beck wannabe.

I saw Chopra's article on HuffPo. I thought it was pretty good.

Anonymous,  July 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Skye,
As many times as we have interacted, I cannot believe that I have never actually visited your blog. How shameful of me. Please forgive me...

I love the way that your write and what you have to say, and I appreciate your definition of the FOX acronym, that meandering, worthless perpetuator of nothingness.

Keep up the good fight.

LeftLeaningLady July 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

I wasn't able to watch the video and the weird Automatically Generated Transcript was just odd. But I did read Chopra's editorial and I can see why those at Faux News freaked out. If we stop the arms race and bow out of the next stupid war, why would we need Rethuglicans? For their next sex scandal?

themom July 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

I can see a new hire at Faux in the near future. Arghhhhh! Excellent.

Riot Kitty July 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

FOX is a sexist, racist network anyway. They're not just openly racist.

themom July 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

btw - I have an award for you over at my place!! :)

Anonymous,  July 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

If I were a parent, I would have FOX News as the banned channel in my house. Anytime I stop on the channel, I feel my IQ dropping a couple points.

Chris July 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Would love to look that article up too....thanks. I'm glad you guys have the stomach for these shows, as I have a hard time watching clips of this stuff on other shows!

jiggins July 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

The no-neck fool Greg is... just ridiculous to watch. Aside from anything her ever says - he clearly cannot create the kind of energy needed to sustain himself, instead., like many at FIX chooses to drain others by belittling them and talking down to and about them.

Dr. Deepak Chopra is respected for the perpetuation of a cleaner lie, along with healthier standards and spiritual connectivity. This Greg guy?..

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP