Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The New Funny Bone Award


Hi, all,

In the true spirit of the blogosphere I have created a new award.

It's called the "Funny Bone Award" and it is intended for those bloggers who make us laugh. It may be one post, it may be many.

But this award, as I conceive it, should be given to those bloggers who make us smile; who lift our spirits; or who just make us laugh. One thing very important; this award may not be used in a snarky manner. It is established for the purposes of recognizing those bloggers who truly demonstrate a sense of humor.

There are only a few parameters for the blogger receiving this award:
1. The blogger must do the Funky Chicken.
2. Must post the award in a post (or add it to their collection of awards).
3. Should post a link back to the person who awarded it to them.
4. Pass it on to five more bloggers with a link to one of that blogger's funny posts.
5. Let the bloggers know that they got an award in their comments section

That's it.

Here's my nominees for the online premiere of the Funny Bone Award (I am trying to pass this along to some blogs I found not too long ago):

Zirgar's Fresh New Brain Squeezin's: Funny Post
Riot Kitty: Funny Post
Leftist Grandpa: Funny Post
Yoga for Cynics: Funny Post
New World Odor: Funny Post

Happy Tuesday all!

PS: I had to share this from a dear friend. I cried I laughed so hard. This is footage of an original Gwen Fosse piece of choreography... with a more contemporary twist from the soundtrack.

8 comments:

skyewriter May 6, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

You are very welcome! It is much deserved...

Grandpa Eddie May 6, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

Thanks so much skye.

I will try to get that posted as soon as I can.

skyewriter May 6, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

You bet, Grandpa Eddie. I can't wait to see who you pass it along to. You are very funny so I know you'll have some good links to share...

Riot Kitty May 6, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Oh silly me...now I get it...thanks!

skyewriter May 6, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

What kismet. I just posted a comment to your blog realizing I might not have been clear... sorry!

Like all of the other awardees, I cannot wait to see who you pass it along to...

ZIRGAR May 6, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Thank you! I feel humbled and also snarky for feeling humbled. lol. I will get this posted, I swear. I've been meaning to do posts for the others too, but I'm really horrible at doing things I'm required to do as opposed to things I just feel like doing. lol. Thanks again! Oh, you should've nominated yourself as well :-)

skyewriter May 6, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

No rush, Zirgar. You and the others truly deserve to be recognized for your humor.

As for me nominating myself, that was sweet of you. I try, but sometimes I just need to rant...

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP