Monday, January 19, 2009

A Fragile Peace

In this eighth installment of my ongoing series (in case you want to catch up first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh) about the I/P and I/P conflicts, I wanted to post an update about the ceasefire between Hamas and Israel.

There has been a fragile truce called for the moment according to APF reports.

If you haven't taken a moment to check out Life Must Go On in Gaza and Siderot, a blog by two men on either side of the conflict, please take a moment to show your support for their plight. It is amazing that these two men are friends despite the conflict between their countries.

And they hadn't posted for a while (10 days).

I feared the worst until my rss feed updated today that a post had been made early this morning.

We live in a country free from this kind of horror. We are gearing up for a change in our country--change for the better.

In service to the world today, let them know we are listening and we know they are suffering unimaginable things.

Peace is a fragile thing. Let us help them to strengthen hope in it.

Quick PS: I don't know if the US national news will cover this but in case they don't, here's a snapshot of what Iraqi democracy and their own election process are shaping up to be in their first incarnations.

1 comments:

Stacy Hackenberg January 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Glad to see the cease fire. I hope that it holds. There is so much hate and anger between the two sides that it is at best very fragile.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP