If we were having an X-Mas party the planning list might look something like this:
- Arrange living room furniture for conversation groups
- Set up chairs in office for a second conversation room
- Throw piles of clean laundry into closet to hide from guests
- Throw piles of dirty laundry into bags (into same closet, if room)
- Put bills, unopened junk mail, catalogs into plastic bag (into same closet, if room)
- Clean: fridge, bathroom, kitchen countertops
- Bathroom: place hundreds of toiletries piled on vanity into plastic bag and hide in linen closet
- Iron linens and wash wine and champagne glasses
- Hide porn, lube, and sex aids (okay, that one's a joke, I swear, Dad)
- Grocery shop (a separate list)
- Emma's boxes
- Replace tea light candles in holders (about 25 of them total)
- Hang clean hanging clothes in either walk-in or narrow closet (if room after everything else in there).
- Find new spot for bags of dirty clothes (maybe trunk of car?)
- Fluff pillows on bed for guest to put coats
I won't bore you with the grocery list, but I can tell you, it wouldn't look like this one (from found.com):
All I want to know is: what the hell are nose pills, what kind of party is this, and why am I not invited?
Hope you all had a great Tuesday.
Message for Wednesday: smile at strangers. It will make you feel good.