Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy 2009

I'll bet I have THE MOST original blog post title today-- I'll just bet.

So here's my top ten of 2008:

1. Getting married to the best man I have ever known. Who lets me love him as much as I want to and who loves me despite the fact that I am riddled with flaws.



2. Our amazing honeymoon. *sigh* I wish I were in Isla Mujeres right NOW.



3. Having a campus visit for a job next year.

4. Emma recovering from a scary bout of CRF and staying with us.



5. Getting to see lots of friends and family.



6. The health of my parents (Dad: 80; Mom: 77). Both are doing great.

7. Getting two teaching awards for the writing classes I teach.

8. Tom quit smoking! (4 and a half months and counting). I'm so proud of him.

9. Winning a $100 in the lottery; hey, a $100 is a $100 dollars.

10. Making great strides on my dissertation despite my growing addiction to blogging and the blog world.

May we all laugh a lot next year. May your troubles be few. May you be surrounded by those that cheer you and support you. May we all find hope that our world may turn away from violence and choose peace.

A bit of a giggle to end the year with. The cat never seems to move and freezes in the same position every time. Be sure your volume is turned up-- it's not the same without the music.




Happy New Year!
((((( )))))
Skyewriter

4 comments:

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Happy New Year! I am glad that we have found each other in this vast wasteland of bloggerdom.

May we all blog our way into history and beyond this year. I really think that our collective voices DO make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

Now THAT is a great list!

I won $3 in the lotto last weekend. LOL

Aliceson December 31, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

Tropical island sounds great right about now.

Love the kitty video, I saw it on Ellen a while back, but it never gets old.

Happy 2009 to you!

Sidhe December 31, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

I can't say Happy New Year without thinking of the most excellent classic film Trading Spaces:

Billy Ray: [posing as "Nenge Mboko," an exchange student from Cameroon] Merry New Year!
Beeks: That's "happy." In this country we say "Happy New Year."

Truly a cinematic treasure!

Merry New Year!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful list.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP