Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rantin' On: Talkin' With Yer Mouth Full


Last night over dinner, I said to Tom: "The so-called 'liberal' media are morons."

But not for the obvious reasons that may pop to mind.

It seems, I told Tom (and now you, dear reader) that the so-called "right-wing" media are controlling what news gets reported... indeed the right-wing in general is controlling the media at the moment.

This has been festering in my noodle for a while now.

For example, why the eff are we paying attention to that nut-bag Michelle Bachmann, her insanity, and her son? Or Palin, for that matter?

Further, why are they still yakking about the misinformation on health care reform?

Or the attention-seeking folks not-so-subtly threatening the president at his town hall meetings by showing up strapped? Don't our "enemies" in those countries "over thar someswhere" do the same fucking thing?

Seriously, what is the purpose of that other than a child's response: "Cuz I can."

Good on you.

I can talk with food in my mouth, but don't even if I can.

It's bad manners, poor etiquette, and frankly, gross.

Instead, I posit, the national conversation should be about what's needed instead of pointing fingers, like Keith Olbermann does *non-stop* saying: "Nya, nya, nya, I'm right and you're wrong."

I am about finished with the defensive crap that has become the smorgasbord of the "news."

Everyone's a fucking critic and wants a seat at the grown-up table but no one seems to want to put forward solutions.

People are talking with their mouths full of shyte.

What this country needs is civility, not barbarism.

Some keep-your-elbows-off-the-table and chew-with-your-mouth-closed kind of table manners.

We also need the dumb-asses we elected (by a very safe margin) to do their jobs and get the things done we elected them to do.

I fear that a train-wreck is just around the bend. And the media will be sitting there, literally, on their asses saying with their mouths chock full 'o crap, "We told you so."

And I'll say, "Good for you. You were right. Now what the frick are we going to do?"

12 comments:

Riot Kitty August 18, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Thank you! I was just ranting about this very subject the other day, wondering why anyone was paying attention to Palin and her ilk. (And yes, she is an ilk.)

Anonymous,  August 18, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

It has degenerated into something less than a national dialogue that is for sure.

Great post.

Perhaps this era of government can be called: The Internet or better yet, the Internut wars

A World Quite Mad August 18, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

@Riot Kitty... ilk huh? Reminds me of elk... maybe she'll get gored by one. Now *that* would be newsworthy.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I love how the conservatives are making asses out of themselves over health care for all. They point out that they can protest because anti-war protesters do. Like protesting the murder of people half a world away in the streets is somehow equivalent to disrupting a town hall meeting, you know where you're supposed to *talk* about things that are for the common good, not act like a bunch of fucking barbarians.

You know, it used to be that we could have a conversation in this country with people we disagree with. Those days are long gone. Now you have people who do nothing but scream at you while failing to listen to your side of the conversation. I personally think this stems from an embracing of evangelical Christianity, a dogma that preaches the adherent to it is right and the rest of the world is wrong, and you don't have to, and indeed shouldn't, listen to anything they have to say. This is exactly what has carried over into our politics. So what is the solution to this? I have no fucking clue.

"You can't fix stupid." --Ron White

Anonymous,  August 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

It's been a while since you ranted but worth every minute of the wait! Awesome post. I loved all of your dinner and eating references. Isn't a "trainwreck" when someone shows a mouth full of chewed food? You're good.

Chris August 18, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Thanks Skye.......good post.

Diana August 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

I can't watch them. I can't read them. I can't look at them. They mean nothing to me.

La,la la, la, sorry (fingers in ears)... I can't hear them!

Good rant of yours though.

p.s. Palin who?

themom August 18, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

It seems all the "nice" approaches of being bi-partisan have not worked. So I say go with the majority that was elected and push some legislation through. Being nice definitely didn't work - so the Dems won the majority - govern!

Anonymous,  August 18, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

Thanks for giving me ideas at my blog BTW!

Cosa Nostradamus August 19, 2009 at 5:58 AM  

.
I stopped listening to them a long time ago. Who cares what a bunch of unpleasant nutjobs regurgitate from their corporate talking points? That goes for the "MSM" too. I get my news from newspapers online around the world who are not afraid to do real reporting, and from the blogs that point to them.

Like this one. Keep up the good work, Sistah!
.

Anonymous,  August 19, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Let me know when the civility starts. I've been waiting since Obama walked into office. Seems that's when the shit really started hitting the fan.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness August 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

WOW...great post. I watch with facination from across our shared border and I shake my head. Even Rome and the British Empire went down with a fight. Your great culture seems to be jumping off the cliff without any concern for what happens immediately after you leave the ground. Republicans are just being the dickheads they always were. I am most disappointed with Brother Obama who let us all down by giving in to these lunatics. But maybe it was our own fault for believing in something bigger than ourselves in a world were self interest seems to be all that matters.

Anonymous,  August 20, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

Exquisite rant. Love the food in the mouth analogy.

The situation is vexing; isn't it? I haven't reached maximum saturation, but I think that I am mightily close.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP