Thursday, April 1, 2010

Recycled Post: Hate is Hate is Hate

... And I refuse to let shitheads like this and the *friends* they associate with online harass, bully, and otherwise insult me:

From April 15, 2009:

'The Welcome Mat Has Been Taken In"
To the unpleasant people who have parked on my blog's doorstep.

One of my favorite exchanges in a movie addresses the issue of saying what people want to hear.

"Do you see purple people?" the guy asks.

"No," answered the woman.

"I had a friend," the man began, "who said he saw purple people. They locked him up, but he got out."

"Yeah?" asked the woman. "Did they cure him?"

"Nope. He just stopped telling anyone about the purple people."

Yeah, I see the "purple people" but I rarely write about them.

They are bruised and scared by the changing times.

They just want someone, anyone, to listen to them.

They threaten because they feel that they have no real power.

They truly believe that they can offer nothing positive to helping their neighbors aside from "It's not my fault"-- a child's response.

Like all of you, I have been through my own set of unique challenges. One of the greatest has been to persevere in writing this blog. I had to start moderating comments a few months ago when a rather unstable mob of people descended on this webspace.

Then, I get abused and harassed here to my "face" and all over other websites by people who have spent exactly thirty seconds "reading" this blog.

All because I refuse to be bullied and I will not post comments in which people have written:

"You are a fucking retard. You commie shitheads don't know anything and if my guns get taken away, I am coming for you first"

"You think you know so much. You are a total fake. A liar. And you are the coward for not posting comments" (This one is from someone who had left me over twenty abusive comments over the course of 24 hours.)

~ Of course, here's my all time favorite~

"You are a fucking cunt and I hope someone figures out who you are and finds you and wipes you off the face of the earth"

I've been writing this blog for almost six months now.

This post marks 164 published in that time.

I've definitely covered a lot of ground and material. Most of it written believing that people are basically decent and at least have a whiff of social skills.

As a young professor, I have to believe that.

I have 15-20 people who read this little blog. Loyal and supportive blog friends that have stuck by me.

They prove to me that most people aren't like these purple ones.

So if you are here to tell me how stupid or fucked up or snobby or elitist I am you can take it somewhere else.

You were not invited here-- and you have long worn out your welcome.

One thing to take away from this commie-liberal-progressive blog: if you have safe drinking water, safe food, safe medication, clean air to breathe, medicare for elderly relatives, social security for those same folks, if you learned to read and write in a public school, enjoy having a local police station, a fire department, a federally run postal service to deliver your Mother's Day cards-- thank a liberal.

Despite your best attempts to shit all over them, you have a lot to be thankful for because of them.

****

Some things have changed. Some have not. I still have people who cannot read for comprehension trying to harass me via comments. If you do not condemn threats made against others, you may as well threaten others yourself. As I wrote in the comment thread on my last post, Delaware, back off. I am having conversations with a lawyer-relative (and another who is in law enforcement) about your harassing behavior... including *months* of comments, dates, IP addresses, etc. Back. the fuck. off.

9 comments:

Anonymous,  April 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

I hope things have gotten better for you. And I am really glad you stuck through it and kept on posting.

ZIRGAR April 1, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

Keep up the great work. Fuck those fuckers. The truth stings like a bitch and they can't take it. Just remember Plato's Cave Allegory: those who live in the fire and shadows of the cave below cannot endure the words of enlightenment brought to them by one of their own who's returned from the sunlit world above.

Shady Lady April 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

Skye, I love reading your blog. When it comes to a lot of political information, I look to your blog. You see, I get overwhelmed by it all and often feel quite unintelligent when it comes to politics. You help me wade through it and understand it better. Still, I often don't feel wise enough to comment. I'm glad you've stuck around and hope that you continue to do so.

Riot Kitty April 1, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Fuck those fuckers - is right on!

Sad, pathetic, cowardly people.

Everyone who needs a big gun has a small dick, in my opinion.

Dr. Jay SW April 1, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

Ultimately, these are very pathetic people--unable or unwilling to discuss things in an intelligent, civil manner, they lash out trying to hurt and silence. And by their own words, expose themselves for what they are...

Anonymous,  April 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Completely agree with the crowd: small minds, small dicks = big mouths and no manners.

Who needs them? Keep writing, keep posting, keep speaking the truth.

Diana April 2, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

I hope you are able to resolve this quickly. These people frighten me. I don't know if I would have the courage to stay if assaulted like that.

I enjoy reading a progressive, liberal blog so that I don't feel alone in the world. Cheers to you.

msprimadonna67 April 11, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Unbelievable how hateful some people can be. I wish you strength and perseverance.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP