Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fixed News

Apparently, we are going to witness a repeat of Fox Network's "Fair and Balanced" reporting with another refusal to cover the President's address to a joint session of Congress next week. Has any one network picked such a bone with a president before?

Their "commentators" air lies and vitriol against the president (see any of Glenn Beck, Hannity, or O'Reilly), but will not air the other side of the argument... coming from the President's own mouth (and yes, I know that Fox "News" is going to air the speech).

Health care reform + President Obama + speech to elected national officials= Less important than So You Think You Can Dance? and some new show titled Glee.

In the meantime, we are off to attend a benefit BBQ/concert for Ronald McDonald House at my brother's home in St. Louis. Good blues, good food, good time, good cause.

Happy Labor Day weekend, all.

Be safe. Have Fun. And hug a Republican. They need it.

6 comments:

Chris September 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Sounds good to me!!!...especially the blues part! A GREAT cause too......
What happened to respect for the office of president? No matter who is in office, we shouldn't forget that.......the people vote them in! I'd like to think it was the baffoonery..is that a word?...of the Bush years have more to do with it, than hatefulness for Obama. But I wouldn't put anything past my fellow Americans at this point!

Anonymous,  September 5, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Fox News made it into my Timeline Once so far. See Barack the Magic Negro Entries for News I think, 2009.

:(
Sad really. Yellow Journalism is some nasty business.

Have fun at your benefit.

Riot Kitty September 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

You know, in the UK they have strict standards for what is actually "news" and what is "entertainment." Seems like it would be good to adopt those here.

Diana September 5, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

At first I thought you've gotta be kidding me?

But no, I read your links and I cannot believe the racism rampant in this decision, in this network's continuing behavior. Outrageous!

Chris September 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

Blues, BBQ, and a good cause?........Sounds like my kinda gig!!!! We had a 5 yr. old bithday party, but there was jazz in the background!!!!!

Anonymous,  September 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

I had a couple folks who tried to blast me on my posting about Obama speaking to the schools. Apparently, it's not a bigot issue according to one person. Too bad he was disrespectful and I had to delete his comment... another one wasn't even printable.
Will there ever be an end to the ignorance? Closing down Fox News sure would be a start.

St. Louis might have the arch, but I still prefer the other side of Missouri... no one beats K.C. ribs!!!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP