Sunday, June 14, 2009

We're Just Not That Into You

I know this is a futile endeavor, but I keep trying to figure out why the GOP keeps saying the most ridiculous shit.

John Boehner: "This is the first step in the Democrats' plan to import terrorists into America" June 2009.

John Boehner: "This is a blueprint" March 2009, while holding a blue-covered, empty packet of papers that was intended to "look" like the GOP version of a budget.

Eric Cantor: "We have no judicial precedents for the conviction of someone like this" June 2009 on the trial of Guantanamo detainee Ahmed Ghailani, accused (along with four already tried and convicted accomplices) of bombing the U.S. embassies in Tanzania and Kenya.

Michelle Bachmann: “It’s like Thomas Jefferson said, a revolution every now and then is a good thing. We are at the point Sean, of revolution” March 2009.

These are easy targets, I know.

But the GOP is incessantly yowling and trying to keep their tantrums at a fever pitch with bigotry riddled accusations that Obama is a Muslim (Frank Gaffney, Washington Times June 9, 2009). That he is aligning himself with terrorists. That our president is eager to support terrorist regimes and that in fact, President Obama is part of a vast global conspiracy to destroy America, because after all, he's not a "real" American.

I think I may have figured something out.

See, when an individual starts dating a person and realizes that he/she isn't interested in the other party, there are the typical non-responses to voicemails, emails, and such.


The GOP doesn't get it.

They are like a bad date that never ends. You can't seem to avoid that person, or make them understand that "it's not you, but it is you."

Please, GOP. Take a hint, finally.

We're just not that into you.

Seems your base sort of feels the same according to a recent Gallup poll: 38% of Republicans view their party unfavorably.


Dr. Jay SW June 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Aren't these people calling for "revolution" the same ones who, not long ago, were equating criticizing the president with treason? Guess that only applies when the president's a Republican...

Seeing Eye Chick June 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

I want to see Bachman in a Burqua walking 10 steps behind a man.

Then she can tell me all about how ripe America is for a revolution.

What an idiot cow.

And importing terrorists? Democrats don't have to bother. The republicons have all the terrorists we need. So I say, why make a bigger carbon footprint for Bachman's revolution when we can just get our fuctards locally.

Pseudonymous High School Teacher June 14, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

I love the "bad date that never ends." Exactly.

Anonymous,  June 14, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

That is a perfect comparison.

Those clinger-oners can be hard to shake and some get downright stalkerish. Maybe the recent uptick in right-wing violence is a sign that they don't like the fact that the country is trying to break up with them?

Riot Kitty June 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

I'm surprised it's only 38%! They just sound...well...out of their fucking minds. I love that line about a bad date that never ends!

Sidhe June 15, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Hopefully they remain in the "bad date" category and not evolve into "stalker"...

Nancy June 15, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

They are like every woman's first experience with an abuser. At first, we're shocked! Then we deny and say, he was just having a bad day. Then we enable. After that, we kick the SOB out in the street and we're so over him.

LeftLeaningLady June 15, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

I am glad I can not understand the Repubs way of thinking. How can only 38% of them believe the party is headed in the wrong direction? What the heck are the other 62% thinking? That home grown terrorism is OK? That racism is acceptable?

These people reproduce.. a lot.

Chris June 15, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

I'm usually a pretty caring and reasonable person, but at this point, Boehner and shit and die! YOu are so unreasonable that there's nothing else to say to you.......Like she said, we're just not into you.........

Anonymous,  June 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Did you read about the recent comments of Rusty Dumass, I mean DePass, a GOP activist from S. Carolina comparing Michelle Obama to an escaped gorilla? Their crassness knows no bounds.

Phuck Politics June 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

@Dingo - As a fellow South Carolinian, I'd like to say, my bad.

Anonymous,  June 17, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

Love it!!!!!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by 2008

Back to TOP