Sunday, June 28, 2009

Technical Difficulties


Our computer shituation is just that-- a shituation.

Our broadband keeps crashing, our desktop keeps crashing and my laptop is in the hospital undergoing some minor surgeries.

Tom got a new laptop this week but it has Vista (*groan*) and he needs it for work. Also my laptop cannot connect to our router... so even if I did have it, I couldn't connect with you all anyway.

Riveting stuff, huh?

Can I confess something?

I have no idea how I ever lived without email, internet, blogger and google.

Ever.

We made a crazy decision to move into a new house in August.

I think I am one of those people that needs chaos in order for things to be normal... (don't tell my parents).

Nothing says "fun" like going through boxes of paperwork and junk I have been hauling around for about two decades now.

This will mark the seventh time I have moved in 17 years.

I am not in the witness protection program, either.

It is feeling pretty good to purge old photographs from eighth grade graduation, donate unused items, and pitch raging junk in general.

Hope you all are well.

Take care all.

Sorry to have been absent for so long now.

8 comments:

LeftLeaningLady June 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

No one remembers what we did before the 'net. Don't sweat it, we will be here when you get it all fixed.

And 7 times in 17 years? You are practically dragging roots every where you go!

I moved 12 times in 15 years. And I didn't count any stays less than 6 months long, because there were several more.

I have not moved in 8 years. It made me itchy several years ago, but I am starting to enjoy it.

ZIRGAR June 28, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Hey, John Lennon said it best when he said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." So go take care of your life and when you come back your readers will still be here :-)

Chris June 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

I LOVE purging...it's a good thing!

Shady Lady June 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

A moving purge is good. We've moved 6 times since LK and I got married in 2002....so that's 6 times is 7 years! Sheesh!

Sidhe June 29, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

Ahhh, just got back myself to check in after a busy, busy week with nothing but more busy weeks to come. Just wanted to tell you that you are doing good work with the Congressional health care issue. I'm going to mail it out on my secret web site and see what goes on there!

Hang in there and see you soon (for real, I mean)...

Riot Kitty June 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

I am stealing that first line. I have moved so many times, and hate it - good luck and get yourself a treat when it's all over.

Cosa Nostradamus June 29, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

.
Smack those computers! They need to pay attention!

STP in the hard drive helps, too. No, wait, that's in the car.

Maybe the computers are experiencing separation anxiety, or pre-emptive homesickness. Have you tried explaining to them that they will still have a place in your new home? Computers have feelings too, you know. Right, Terminator? Terminator says "Hello."

Gotta go. Terminator's hungry. Need more mice.
.

themom June 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

I would be pulling out the remaining few hairs I have in my head...if I had computer problems. Too much to be said and too little time. :)

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP