Monday, February 28, 2011

"United We Bargain: Divided We Beg"

Great pics from rallies to support labor in the U.S.

Happy Monday, all.

In case you missed how this is just another move in the erosion of our democracy brought to you by the uber-wealthy, see here.

Organized labor is the only thing standing between the rich, who create nothing and own everything, and us...

The uber rich buy our politicians...
The uber rich control our banks...
The uber rich decide whether or not we will breathe clean air or have safe water...
The uber rich decide who lives and dies because of their strangle-hold on insurance companies...
The uber rich own the media that continues to pit us against one another (*6* companies own 90% of every kind of media on *the planet.* *6.*)...

The uber rich *are* the enemy in our own midst...

PS: From a blogger at Daily Kos:

Here's a side-by-side comparison of federal budget proposals Democrat vs. Republican.
If you are a member of the GOP, how do you sleep at night?



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11 comments:

Anonymous,  February 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

Wow that Daily Kos comparison makes this whole economic downturn look contrived. The numbers are too close to be accidental.

skyewriter February 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

Pisses me right the hell off...

Stacy Hackenberg March 1, 2011 at 10:49 AM  

The chart has disappeared from both your post and Daily Kos.

skyewriter March 1, 2011 at 12:32 PM  

Hey True Blue!
That's odd... I can still see it here and at Daily Kos. I wonder if it's a Mac thing?

Here's direct link to ImageShack:
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/taxesvsbudgetcutsfinal.jpg/

Hope you can see it!

Thanks for stopping by!

I've missed my bloggy friends...

Anonymous,  March 1, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

I can see it! Good post....short, sweet, and to the point!! I'm pissed off too....it seems like we just can't win lately....but then we knew this would happen!

skyewriter March 1, 2011 at 4:04 PM  

Hey, Chris!

Too much to write and not enough time in the day to write it...

Hope you are well!

LeftLeaningLady March 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

GREAT post. I could see the chart. I want to print it and post it everywhere.. and I just may do that!

I am sick and tired of being told that I don't know what I am talking about.. that I HATE rich people, that I am just jealous. And I am sick and tired of being told to sit down and shut up!

I will probably throw that one up on my blog eventually! You rock!

skyewriter March 3, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

Hey, LLL!

How have you been?

It's been a while, but I am starting to feel my blog-chops again!

Take care and feel free to copy and paste away... the chart from the Mother Jones link titled "Winners Take All" (sourced by the CBO) says *it all*!

Cheers!

P Sonderman March 14, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

Well done, Skye. Just got back to bloggin'. Saw a referral from you, good to read you again!

diana March 14, 2011 at 6:06 PM  

Yeah, I got that edition of MJ to read that article in person! I don't know why I would want to make myself even more depressed, lol. No, really, awareness is crucial if we are to ever, ever hope to understand how bad we've been getting screwed - and find some way to stop it.

Sidhe March 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM  

Late to the party but adequately and rightfully pissed off. How to stop this? Particularly when they have set themselves up so well to ensure future success, for example, our new millionaire governor has elected to cut funding for schools, keeping the constituents undereducated...greatly increasing the likelihood that his constituents will buy into the fiction.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP