Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's Been So Long, I...

... didn't even know where to go to write a new post. Seriously, Blogger. Why did you go changing things up on me? Pitiful. Downright neglectful and silly (of me).

Notable news: Tom defended his dissertation last month and walks in commencement this weekend. We are officially the "doctors." Sounds pretentious, right? Well, if you equate the equivalent of a mortgage payment in student loans every month with pretension, then indeed-- go on with your bad self. We must be totally crazy since we are looking to lock ourselves into a "real" mortgage by the end of this year. House-hunting has been a strange marital experiment. Slightly less terrible than the writing and defending of two-- count them--- TWO dissertations in our household in the last three years. But, slightly better than having Tea-Publicans as our local, state and federal representation. What the heck is going on in politics? It's like there's an election this year, or something.

So much has happened in the last several months since my last post, I don't know where to begin.

Here's a quick run-down and then I'll be back for more in the coming weeks:
I am 30 pounds lighter (literally) since I last posted!
No more migraines or back aches... yay, me.
We still have two cats, no kids (not going to), and are both gainfully employed with full benefits.
The down-side: not much. But give me a couple of weeks... I'm sure I'll get back to my usual frothy self.

Thanks for stopping by and I would say looking forward to comments, but I am not sure I will know how to find them!

8 comments:

Riot Kitty May 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM  

Congrats on everything! We, too, have two cats and no kids. Love it.

Anonymous,  May 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM  

No more migraines or backaches? From losing the weight or something else? I'm so, so envious.

Good luck on the house hunting. It's a life-changing event.

skyewriter May 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM  

Hi, Riot!
Yes, catters are going to be our kids, I think. Thanks for your congratulations. It's been a long haul, but I have a great guy and he's worth every moment!

Hey, poietes!
Can you believe it? I am attributing my lack of pain to weight loss. I haven't had a migraine since February when I radically changed my diet (I'll bore you with the details sometime if you are interested :) and started exercising again. I still get an achy back every once in a while, but I haven't had a debilitating spasm attack a long time now. I just feel healthier in general... what a difference it makes!

Thanks for stopping by, you two! I have missed you!

Shady Lady May 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM  

Well hello there, Skye!! It's been ages and ages...

Congrats on all of it. Go you and your man!! Woohoo!!

I am so curious about your weight loss. I went Paleo/Primal about 15 months ago. I've been at my 9th grade weight for about 8 or 9 months now. I work out once a week doing a cross fit style workout. It sounds like we've had similar back issues. And yes, mine are mostly gone. Some achiness, but never the body wrenching back spasms that keep me laid up for weeks. Life it good!!

skyewriter May 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM  

Shady! How are you? It has been ages... glad to see you. I hope you will keep blogging. Have you planted a garden this year?

Thanks for asking about the weight loss. It's a combination of several things. I will definitely post about it. What it boils down to is a *really* healthy diet (fruits, veggies, little animal protein, etc.) and daily exercise. It took me a long time to find the right combo... suffice it to say for the moment that my juicer is my new best friend! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Shady Lady May 11, 2012 at 12:18 PM  

I'm still blogging, Skye...over at http://unschoolingroyalty.blogspot.com :)

We are doing a garden again this year, but the Lizard King is handling most of it. I'm so not into gardening. I'm into eating the food, though! ;)

So funny...your food changes/exercise are so the opposite of mine. I'm consuming lots of animal protein, lots of saturated fats and tons of veggies. Very little fruit and very little nuts. No grains, legumes, processed foods and very small amounts of natural sugars like honey and maple syrup.

My exercise is more of a crossfit style and I only work out once or twice a week. I'm amazed at how strong I'm getting this way. It so rocks!!

I can't wait to hear about your experience!

Chris May 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM  

Good to see you back....trying to do it myself! I miss my blogger girls during an election year!! Let's get saucy!

skyewriter June 6, 2012 at 4:38 PM  

Hey Shady... sorry I missed this comment! I am a *terrible* blog friend! I need to go read your blog... and I am working on a post for this one about the new-and-slightly-improved-Skyewriter. :)

Hi Chris! Nice to see you! Yes, yes, yes, let's get all the gals wrangled up for this election season (but part of me just wants to sob about it; Wisconsin: So. Disappointed).

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP