Saturday, May 21, 2011

Still Here? Me, too...

After reading, seeing and hearing all about the end of the world today, I just wanted you all to know I am in the boat-load of sinners still sailing the seas of life.

Not raptured and not bummed about it... I wish something like that would *really* happen so all of the self-righteous pricks and bitches would just get the hell off the planet and leave those of us who entrust our minds to science and fact (not mythiness) to get to the work of improving things around these here parts of the solar system.

Sadder still are those that believe this nonsense and do harm to others (like their children) in order to save them the end-times:



I wonder if all of those who aren't raptured today and who are devout Apocalyptics will admit that they were wrong or that maybe they aren't going to be among the chosen? Doubt it. Seriously.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  May 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

Damn. Still here. That means that I don't get out of paying my bills. Oh well. I suppose if it were the rapture, the money grubbing financiers would be left behind with the rest of us anyway.

As for the vid, not shocked but disgusted, nonetheless.

A World Quite Mad May 21, 2011 at 4:42 PM  

It's called Cognitive Dissonance. They'll just say that "god" has temporarily spared us all from his wrath or some other nonsense.

The world will end five billion years from now (unless the Vorgon decide to put a hyperspace bypass here), but I digress. Humans will probably destroy themselves long before the world physically ends.

Chris May 21, 2011 at 9:29 PM  

Just a sad day for so many reasons...Most Christians I know didn't fall for it, as it's really not a scriptural reality....
For the most part, it's been a reason for people to make jokes, talk about what they would do if it were their last day, etc. An interesting week on Facebook!

Anonymous,  May 25, 2011 at 11:35 PM  

Maybe the rapture did happen, only the holier than thous were left behind with the rest of us sinners.

I am with you--on that one though. Take em, because the rest of have real work to do, as opposed to using Jeebus as an excuse to avoid real work.

skyewriter June 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

Hi, poietes: I would love to be able to stop making my student loan payments!

AWQM! Hey! How are you? I hope all is well; thanks for stopping by. I agree with you that we will long destroy ourselves before the world...

Hey, Chris! How are things? It was an interesting week and I felt a twinge of pity for those who gave up their entire lives to follow this prediction... hope all is well for you and yours.

Hi, SEC! Tom and I were talking the other day about the pitfalls of organized religion. Working on a blogpost about it. Hope all is well in OK: I saw your locale on the radar surrounded by red and green winds last week!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP